Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Melody of Mirth

Today I found another message on the wrapper of a Dove candy piece. It's funny how these messages speak to me. This one says "Lose yourself in a moment."

I was reminded of a special moment a few days ago. It was one of those days when I wasn't feeling quite like myself...spirits down. The morning sun was shining through the open window accompanied by a refreshing breeze. A beautiful golden glow showered the room. Those things alone should have been enough to lift my spirits, but they didn't.

Suddenly, an all too familiar sound caught my ear from just outside the window. A mockingbird song. The melody of the mockingbird is delightful, cheery, and sometimes even funny. I found myself chuckling quietly. The smile felt good to my face. All it took was one small bird to release me from my heaviness. I was definitely "Lost in the moment."

Draw Beauty from every flower and Joy from the song of the birds. Listen to a bird. Take the song as a message from My Father. Let it sink into your soul. It will be given back to the world again by you in the form of a smile or a loving word or a kind thought or a prayer. Laugh more, laugh often. Love more. I am with you. I am your Lord.
~God Calling, March 11

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork." ~Psalm 19:1

No comments: