Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Love of God is Greater Than Tongue or Pen Can Tell

"Religion is nothing but a crutch," a friend of mine told me many years ago. Back then I believed in religion…trying to be a good person, going to church, all that kind of stuff. Today I still believe in an "r" word, but it’s no longer religion, it’s relationship… a relationship with the Living God. There is a difference.

Since starting this blog, I’ve been spending more time reading at the computer. It’s been a blessing – and a curse. A blessing because I’m exposed to so many points of view, but a curse because I allow it to take too much of my time. The internet could definitely become an addiction. AGGH!!

Anyway, I’ve read a number of articles and posts ridiculing anyone who would believe that God exists and would consider worshipping Him. They call us stupid, crazy, gullible or whatever. It’s sad. They turn their backs on a love greater than anything this earthly life could offer them.

That love was so evident while I was going through a cancer crisis recently. He knows me completely and would "speak" to me in ways that I would recognize it was him. Some might call them coincidences, but how many coincidences have to occur before they are no longer coincidences?

Yup! I’m no longer religious…I’m a Christ follower instead. He is far better than a crutch. I don’t have to lean on him; instead he sweeps me up into his loving arms and carries me.

Isaiah 43:3 "...You are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you. "
Thank you Lord. I love you too.


Image: http://www.drawneartogod.com/

2 comments:

Sharon Goemaere said...

Amen Suzanne!Amen!!! :-)
Much Love&blessing~Sharon

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks